Saturday, April 3, 2010

Some sketches from The Discovery Channel's: Life

I've been recording the Life series on the Discovery Channel (caution: the video on the webpage will play automatically when you launch it) and watched the opening episode last night. I was really impressed with all aspects of the program. The mighty Oprah is narrating the series and does a magnificent job. You can really hear the "mother nature" aspect in her voice.


I have to stop and say that I absolute LOVE recordable HD TV. No commercials and the ability to pause a program at any time. I've been pausing the program whenever an image strikes me and I do a quick sketch. This is a great way of training your eye to see better as well as really cementing the memory into your brain.


Here are a couple of the double-page spreads from my sketchbook from last night. These aren't intended to be finished pieces, just 10 minute exercises that train the eye.




No comments: